It is an exciting week for many teachers this week as full BETT fever takes hold. For many more teachers however daily lessons go on. To add some fun and interest, here are eleven challenges to try out. Choose one, have a go, feed back!
1. Teach all day with no power. No lights, no computers, no phones.
2. Don’t answer a single question you ask your class all day.
3. Introduce your lessons using only three of your senses.
4. List all the tangents the children take you on for areas to explore in the future.
5. Have the children review your lesson/teaching.
6. Teach from the back of the class rather than the front.
7. Brainstorm using an OHP and acetates.
8. Find out two new things about everyone in your class. Try to do this without them knowing.
9. Halve the writing tools and make the pupils share.
10. Have the class write your next lesson plan as their plenary.
11. Make a blank display board become your main teaching focus, building it up over the lesson.